I have spent my professional career launching successful digital products, coaching technology start-ups as they begin to grow, delivering transformational change in large organisations, and helping businesses achieve their full potential through the adoption of digital technology, agile delivery methods and a customer-centric approach.
I am the Founder/Director at The Digital Discovery Group which provides services covering digital strategy, customer experience transformation, organisation design, product discovery and delivery, agile coaching, specialist recruitment and programme delivery.
I have previously been:
- Head of Product, Design and Delivery at Rebellion Defence, a UK/US technology start-up building software products using artificial intelligence and machine learning to serve the mission of defence and national security.
- VP, Product Development at Ascential, the global information company that enables smart decision-making for business.
- Director of Customer Experience at CPA Global, the world’s leading IP management and technology company (now part of Clarivate).
- Principal Product Strategist (and Head of Digital Customer Experience) at Tesco, creating a vision and strategy for the alignment of Tesco’s digital portfolio with particular emphasis on creating a consistent and relevant experience for each customer.
- Director, GOV.UK at the Government Digital Service, a team formed within the Cabinet Office in 2011 to make UK government digital services and information simpler, clearer and faster.
I spent 13 years at the BBC (either side of my career break in 2004/05), working in many roles across product leadership, strategy, journalism, digital media and product management.
Further details of my career history are on my LinkedIn profile.
I spent four years as a governor at St Nicolas Church of England Academy in Nuneaton and three and a half years as Non-Executive Director of the not for profit organisation Media For Development.
If you want to ask about any of the above then please get in touch.